Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Sick Have I Become..."

Bronchitis.

Yep.  That's what I heard on Tuesday when I finally went into the doctor because breathing was becoming way too difficult, and I was really starting to feel more and more like crazy as Monday labored into Tuesday.  Not much you can do for bronchitis except rest, but I was given some cough syrup so I can sleep as well as some steroids and an inhaler to open up my breathing passages.  Oh, it's good times in the sickie household this winter, lemme tell you.

So the running is going on the back burner for now because I think that will just make things worse.  I'm actually thinking that's what prompted this to move to my chest in the first place - the 4.25 mile run on Sunday.  I was feeling better before then, and I think I might have just abused my lungs a bit.  They protested.  I heard them.  We're resting.  The run for Tuesday didn't happen because I was home sick, and I stayed home sick on Wednesday to rest up.

Tonight's 30 minute run will turn into cross-training.  The Nerd Husband and I talked it over, and we're thinking 15 minutes of walking, 15 minutes on a bike or something, and 15 minutes more of walking.  I'm actually hoping to put in a bit of weight training in there because my arms are missing it.  Basically, anything that doesn't overtax my lungs is what I'll be doing.  Hopefully that will help keep my active and up my immune system and strength so I can get over this and get back to it.

Unfortunately, this called for yet another change in training schedule, and I'm nervous about it.  But it is what it is, and NH and I will do our best no matter what.  The schedule looks a bit like this now:


It's seriously the best I think I can do given everything we've had to deal with.  It puts us as close to the 10K distance marker as I think I can safely put us given our current position, so I'm hoping it will be okay.

It seems the runDisney is ditching the photo provider MarathonFoto, and they will be using their own Photo Pass system instead.  There is an awesome interview article about it over on AllEars.  This switch apparently starts with our Dark Side races, so I guess we get to be the guinea pigs.  I'm curious how this whole thing will go down because - really - all of this is new to me.  So I guess we'll see what happen. 

The biggest thing that caught the NH's (and my) ears about this switch is that "...if you are a Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier Walt Disney World passholder, the photos will be included as a benefit."  Considering this is our 5th wedding anniversary year, we were going to do a Year of Disney and buy annual passes in April anyway, so this will definitely work in favor of our plan.  I'm kind of happy for that, honestly.  This is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, and it would be very neat to have pictures of it.

No news on the costume front because - frankly - I haven't felt like moving.  The only thing I did was take apart the stitching on the belt piece I was working on because I didn't like how it was turning out.  I'm going back to the drawing board on that one, but I'll get it worked out.

Just like everything else.  In time.

No comments:

Post a Comment