Monday, March 28, 2016

"You Want the Impossible"

I'm feeling a bit discouraged.

We had a long run scheduled for yesterday - which was rough anyway since we were out of town visiting the Nerd Husband's family.  We figured we'd be able to get out with the nice weather, though, and put in our 4.5 miles.  However, overeating and not eating things we were used to caused some problems to crop up, and NH had to back out of the long run.  We were going to just take a break and get back to it, but then his brother had driven in to visit.  So it didn't seem right to go back out and ignore family that we rarely get to see.

So we completed 2.4 miles of the 4.5 mile run.  We plan on doing the other 2.1 miles tonight, just to say we completed it.  But it doesn't feel "real" to me.

I'm worried for the NH because he hasn't really been able to finish any of the long runs due to health issues.  Some days are better than others, and he's on top of the world.  Then there are days that are just...like Sunday.  They suck.  It's discouraging to him, and I keep trying to talk him up and help him out.  But I don't know what else I can do to help. 

I really want to finish this race because it's my own personal goal, but I would feel awful if I would have to leave him behind to do it.  So I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Add to that the fact that I'm personally upset by some other family stuff that's going on, and it's just not making for a very good Monday, really.  At all.  I feel kind of useless and sad and blah, and that's not a good mental attitude to have.  I know that.  But I'm not sure what to do about it right now when all of these signs are pointing to "you're not prepared and you can't handle this".

I guess we'll just keep going.  Do our best when it gets here.  And if we're swept - oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment